Local Public Transport (TPL) and Champoluc-Crest Gondola Timetable
ACCOUNT STATEMENT L.R. No. 21/1997
(Reliability, service mode, operating period)
1. Monterosa S.p.A. commits to provide additional local public transport (TPL) regarding the “Champoluc – Crest” gondola with temporary clamping as defined in this contract.
2. The TPL (Local Public Transport) service will operate under the following timetable:
• in the winter in the 07.20/23.20 time band
• in the summer in the 19.30/22.30 time band
• from May to mid June and from mid September to the end of November on school days in accordance with the official regional calendar and excluding maintenance periods in the 07.55/17.50 time band
• from May to mid June and from mid September to the end of November outside the official regional calendar (normally public holidays and school holidays) and excluding maintenance periods in the 08.30/ 17.50 time band
3. The term ride means the operation of transport for all those present in the departure stations at the scheduled times.
4. On the basis of the defined timetables, the total number of TPL (Local Public Transport) services operated by the Champoluc – Crest gondola outside of the tourist timetables cannot be less than a minimum number of 1,650 rides to be carried out in the periods and at the times specified in the following:
winter period: everyday 07.20-07.55-18.00-19.30-22.30-23.20
spring, summer and autumn periods:
– from the opening of the summer season to mid September (from 22 June to 8 September 2019) everyday 19.30-22.30
– from May to mid June (to 12 June 2019) and from mid September to the end of November on school days in accordance with the official regional calendar and excluding maintenance periods everyday 07.55-08.30-11.0-13.00-16.30-17.00 (excluding Wednesdays) -17.50
– from May to mid June (from 13 June 2019) and from mid September to the end of November outside of the official regional calendar (normally public holidays and school holidays) and excluding maintenance periods everyday 08.30-11.50-13.00-16.30-17.00-17.50
maintenance closures (from 30 September to 31 October 2019): the Company reserves the right to interrupt services on one or more occasions to carry out scheduled maintenance which it expects to be for a maximum of one month per year, preferably in autumn, to assist in moving residents and operators.
5. Any additional tourist services that may be scheduled by the Company must be open to the public and allow access to the TPL (Local Public Transport) service users applying the pre-established fares.
6. The service periods, related timetables and scheduled maintenance periods are agreed on a yearly basis between the Company, Municipality and the Region by the 30th of October of the preceding year and approved under the Cableway Infrastructure Structure – Cableway Management Office – by the 30th of November every year. For the year 2019 the timetables are those shown in the previous paragraph 6 and start from the date when the contract was signed until 31/12/2018.
7. The Company has the right to interrupt the service on one or more occasions to carry out scheduled maintenance which it expects to be for a maximum of one month per year, preferably in autumn, to assist in moving residents and operators.
8. Interruptions due to scheduled maintenance (including related inspection works) are excluded from the total given in the previous point.
(Night time service provisions)
The night service runs from 17.45 in the winter season and from 18.00 in the summer season.
Fares for TPL (Local Public Transport) services as well as the reduced fares for residents/workers/students (RSL), as approved by the Regional Council, are as follows:
|Both RSL and TPL single ride or return||
|Both RSL and TPL single ride or return junior*||
|Both RSL and TPL single ride or return Baby**||
|Single ride or return local guests***||
|Both RSL and TPL Descent only||
|RSL Single ride or return||
|RSL 4 return (8 rides)||
|RSL 10 return (20 rides)||
|RSL 30 return (60 rides)||
|RSL Unlimited six month||
|RSL Unlimited annual||
Children under 8 go free
Resident and Temporary Resident Tickets
|Named holder six-month season ticket||
Named holder annual season ticket
|Single ride season tickets no. 40||
|Single ride season tickets no. 80||
* Junior: At 31/10 younger than 14
** Baby: At 31/10 younger than 8; free if purchased at the same time as an adult ticket
*** reduced tickets on sale by tourist operators on the upper mountain ski stations
2. For the Company to recognise the status of a ‘worker’, a declaration by the employer / contractor for services must be presented in one of the locations under letter c) in the premise of this contract.
3. For the Company to recognise the status of ‘resident’, a declaration by the person with his/her identity card confirming his/her residence in the Municipality of Ayas must be presented in one of the locations under letter c) in the premise of this contract.
4. For the Company to recognise the status of ‘student’, an enrolment certificate must be presented by the student or whoever is taking his/her place with an identity card confirming his/her residence in the Municipality of Ayas in one of the following locations: Crest, Cunéaz, Frantze and Soussun.
(Schedules, information, surveillance and control)
1. The Company assures that sufficient information regarding the timetables (for tourist services and exclusively TPL -Local Public Transport – services) and fares as well as any service interruptions of any nature shall be published on its own website as well as putting up notices in the ski station ticket offices.
2. The role of control as prescribed in this contract for the TPL (Local Public Transport) service of the Champoluc – Crest gondola is the responsibility of the Cableway Infrastructure Structure – Cableway Management Office.
3. The role of surveillance for the purpose of security of the service contracted out to the Champoluc – Crest line is the responsibility of the Cableway Infrastructure Structure.
4. Unscheduled interruptions will be communicated to the Cableway Infrastructure Structure – Cableway Management Office – with at least 5 days notice, if possible, giving sufficient reason.
5. Should for reasons relating to user security conditions, it is not possible to perform the service in question with the ski lift, the company must give sufficient notice and assistance to the user as defined in Art. 7 of paragraph 1 of this contract.
6. Every unscheduled suspension of the service (be it tourist or TPL) must immediately be communicated to the Cableway Infrastructure Structure – Cableway Management Office – Cableway Management Office and the Municipality of Ayas by registered electronic post.
(Failure to perform the service)
1. In the event of interruptions to the TPL (Local Public Transport) service due to weather conditions or other force majeure events not attributable to the Company (including the possible continuation of significant major maintenance operations beyond the period referred to in Article 2), where the security conditions permit, the Company is required to carry out, under its own responsibility, a replacement transport service with at least 5 rides in the time band scheduled for the day of interruption, at least for the weak TPL categories (residents, workers and students) and for those who stay in accommodation facilities at high altitude, in compliance with the provisions in force on the subject.
1. This contract is in force from 07/12/2018 to 31/12/2023.
2. Should the title of the operating concession be terminated or changed while this contract is still in force then this service contract is automatically terminated with effect from the day of termination. In this case, the amounts indicated in the contract are to be considered due only for the rides made.
3. The parties commit to define within 6 (six) months from the end of this contract, the tariffs and the calendar of the service for the successive period in order to allow residents/workers/students to plan their activities and disseminate exact information to their users and clients.